I will show you the world not commonly seen by Venice average visitor as I take you to lesser known places detailing numerous facts about the history and life in Venice: you can choose one of these walks.
- Venice with the kids: a walk with an eye for the little ones. Venice is a «surprise» city, which leaves children amazed the first time they see it: the houses rest on the water, the streets are canals and the traffic is made up of motorboats and vaporetti, barges and gondolas… no cars to be seen!
- Foreign communities in Venice: a walk to discover how the city has always been cosmopolitan. We will pass through some historical places of these communities: Armenians, Dalmatians, Germans, Greeks…
- The spice route and the taste for the exotic: the typical Venetian predisposition resulted and the amalgamation between Eastern and Western cultures. A walk that will lead us to the mansions and alleyways that have been the scene of revolutions in medicine and in cuisine. From the so-called «royal» drugs to the fashion of coffee, chocolate to the new «foreign» wines.
- Venice and the great travelers: the journey focuses on the travelers quest for knowledge whilst looking at the comparison between the people and cultures. Enjoy a different and original tour based on the adventures, discoveries and logbooks of intrepid sailors and famous merchants, such as Marco Polo, the Zen brothers, Querini, Caboto …
- Venice and women: discover extraordinary female stories. A journey in the footsteps of the Venetian women who were the first to venture into the undisputed male territory of culture and entrepreneurship. We will examine some extraordinary modern women who wanted to be owners of their own destiny without conditions and have left their indelible mark in history, not only just in Venice.
- Eroticism and seduction: We will make our way through the most unusual and secret parts of Venice that are both provocative and libertine. We will discover this ideal stage of love games, ancient red light district and the famous “casinos”. Our journey will also look closely at the erotic movies and licentious literature as we follow in the footsteps of the courtesans and of course not forgetting the fascinating Casanova: one of our most famous legends.
- Ghost and history tour: A heady mix of dramatic story-telling, gruesome history. By day Venice is a bustling metropolis – but at night the old buildings and narrow streets take on a more sinister air… Learn about the historical dark side of Venice, with tales about murders and mysteries, ghosts and legends. Venice’s magnificent architecture, maze of streets and alleyways are the perfect backdrop of the tour. The Ghost and History tour of Venice offers an evening walking tour of Venice’s haunted locations.
- Arts and crafts: Having Venice a fundamental role as an emporium of trade and exchange of precious products and materials throughout Europe, it stimulated Venetian production with famous specialities. I will take you behind the scenes into the heart of the workshops of master artisans in Venice and in the Lagoon unearthing the interplay of design and craftsmanship. This is a tour for those who want to experience Venice and its deeply rooted handicrafts and artistic traditions.
- “Cicheti” and wine tasting: Being a city in between water and land, Venice has a wonderful variety and fusion of intense flavour which could be appreciated with our tradition “andare per bacari” (pub crawl) eating “cicheti”, the local appetizers. We could try samples of different plates, depending on the season, like toast spread with creamy baccalà mantecato (codfish), sweet and sour sardines, soppressa (local salami), zucchini flowers, red radicchio… and washing them down with glasses of wine. Let’s try the red, the white, the prosecco and the Spritz!